Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The next tease from my new book: "Into Each Life ..."

   Voices carried down the hall from the living room.
   "Randy, please settle down," Crystal pleaded.
   "Don't tell me what to do, dammit!"
   "Why are you so angry?"
   "Take it back!"
   "Take what back?"
   "You know damn well what!"
   "Take back that I love you? But I do love you, Randy. I do love you." Crystal believed deep down that Randy had the potential to be a good man. She believed in the power of love and the power of her words to change him.
   There was a loud crack, like bone on bone, followed by a thud.
[Randy McMillan, Jamie's abuser and the live-in boyfriend of Crystal]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment before you leave. I welcome all praise, and most constructive criticism.