Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012


I would like to thank K.R. Hughes and T.L. Burns for tagging me in









What is the title of your book?




Where did the idea for the book come from?

  • Although at the moment of salvation I believed that I was saved by grace through faith alone, but as the years went by I fell victim to the bondage of Legalism. One Sunday in church in September of 2010, I was reminded of the fact that nothing I did or failed to do changed my standing before God. I don’t have to work or worry. I can rest in His peace. I am perfect in God’s eyes because of Jesus’ sacrifice.



What genre does your book fall under?

  • Spiritual nonfiction. And religion. And Christian theology. And philosophy. In case you can’t tell, I have an issue with pigeon-holing books into one narrow category.



Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

  • I would have Kirk Cameron play me, although he is slightly more attractive than me. I do have curly brown hair (though not as much as I used to).



What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

  • From the moment you place your faith in Jesus, God sees you as the perfect creation He intended, in the beginning, before sin came in and wrought its corruption.



Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

  • Self-published. It is available in paperback and as an ebook for Kindle. Amazon has a free app for PC and Mac that turns your computer into a Kindle reading device.
  • I chose a simple cover with a yellow butterfly on a black background. We often think of our faith walk like that of a butterfly. At the moment of conversion, we believe we have become this perfect creation, like a butterfly. Then we become confused and discouraged because we continue to struggle daily with sin, and fear, and doubt, and disobedience. But we can rest easy - God sees us as a perfect butterfly because we have the righteousness of Christ.





How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

  • Four months.




Who or What inspired you to write this book?

  • Pastor Kirk Bowman and the Bible.



What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

  • If you have placed your faith in Jesus, you don’t have to constantly strive and work to be acceptable in God’s sight. You are perfect in His eyes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A small excerpt:

"Henry David Thoreau wrote in Walden (or Life in the Woods) that:

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.”

He also wrote that the very tedium and ennui (weariness and dissatisfaction) which presume to have exhausted the variety and the joys of life are as old as Adam. While I don't agree with Thoreau on much of his beliefs, I think he is correct in this case. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, sin entered the world. Our constant striving to atone for sin and return to the state of perfection we were created in and for has robbed us of our joy as well as much of the variety of life. Consequently, the majority of us lead lives of quiet desperation."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Tagged next in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment before you leave. I welcome all praise, and most constructive criticism.